Labels

chinese (2) critique (1) darren (1) IT (1) me (3) meditation (2) spirituality (2) story (1)

Friday, September 9, 2016

Why has I not started writing yet?

I have had this idea for a long time. On and off.

I understand it is a good thing. It helps me to organize my thoughts, to think deeply, and to propel me to take interest in various things, and to observe. It is more or less like a portal that connects my minds to the world.

But then why has I not made writing a part of life yet?

It is an old issue of mine. I think too much, but act much less. Or I act for a while, then I gradually let it slip away.

I have tried various methods. To-do list. Motto on the desk. All failed.

The crux seems to be that there is no ongoing motivation to keep me going. So my dedication dwindles away overtime.

It not only applies to writing, but many other things. Such as guitar, taichi, etc.

To address the issue, I need to know how exactly I should get myself motivated. And luckily, I know how.

I am actually a people person - this may come as a surprise to many who know me - but you hear me right. I care a great deal about my interactions with others.

Just imagine, if I had a group of friends who are into writing, and we regularly discuss or critique each other's work, I would certainly go further than I could have on my own.

I like to have such group of friends, who would certainly serve as my motivation. And doing things like this rather than gathering for meals is actually much more appealing to me.

Sadly I don't have these friends, yet. But fear not. I can make this a conscious goal - to make like-minded friends.

Asides, I can show my work to existing friends and hear their opinions, instead of keeping everything to my own.

No comments: